Aptos and its huge potential impacts are for Blockchain Development enthusiasts like you to come and contribute to the whole ecosystem. With the support of Infrastructure services from NodeReal, running a dApp on Aptos has never been easier.
NodeReal welcomes you to the Aptos Know-How Series - A Three-Episode Series:
- Episode 1: Getting started with Aptos on NodeReal
- Episode 2: Deploying the Move Module on Aptos Testnet
- Episode 3: Your first dApp on Aptos Testnet
By the end of this series, you will be comfortable with writing and deploying applications on Aptos Blockchain.
Episode 1: Getting started with Aptos on NodeReal
As a developer, there are two things to get ready: Your Aptos API Endpoint and Aptos CLI. Episode 1 will help you achieve that with easier and quicker with NodeReal infrastructure services and documentation.
With that, let’s get to learn how to get your Aptos API Endpoint ready with NodeReal in only 5 simple steps:
Create a NodeReal endpoint for Aptos
- Aptos endpoints can be accessed through our Meganode service.
2. MegaNode can only be enabled through Github or Discord OAuth login. Before signing up MegaNode service, you will need a GitHub or discord account.
3. Once logged in, click on create a new app button on the dashboard
4. With a click, you be taken to a new page, and then enter the following information.
- Enter an app name for example “Aptos-test”.
- From the drop-down select the chain as “Aptos”.
- Select the network as “Testnet” or “Mainnet” as per your requirement and click on the create button
5. After you have successfully created an app, you can find the API endpoints on the app page.
*Please note that this API key is used to identify a particular app and should NOT be shared with anyone.
Your NodeReal Aptos API is ready, let us install Aptos CLI.
Install the Aptos CLI
Running a basic move module on the Aptos blockchain will require installing Aptos CLI. This Aptos CLI also has a Move Prover that helps to evaluate the functional correctness of a code and then eventually publish the code. For systems such as Windows/Linux click here to get detailed instructions.
Below are the instructions to install Aptos CLI on Mac OS.
- Go to the Aptos CLI release list, and on the redirected page click on aptos-cli-<version>-MacOSX-x86_64.zip
- Unzip the downloaded file and move the extracted Aptos binary file to your preferred local folder(for example /bin/aptos).
- Make this ~/bin/aptos an executable by running this command: chmod +x ~/bin/aptos.
- Allow your OS to run Aptos CLI:
- On MacOS when you attempt to run the Aptos tool for the first time, you will be blocked by the MacOS that this app is from an "unknown developer".
- In the Finder on your Mac, locate the app you want to open.
- Don’t use Launchpad to do this. Launchpad doesn’t allow you to access the shortcut menu.
- Control-click the app icon, then choose Open from the shortcut menu.
- Click Open.
Now the Aptos app is saved as an exception to your security settings, and you can open it in the future by double-clicking it just as you can on any registered app.
- Type ~/bin/aptos help to read help instructions.
- Add ~/bin to your path in your .bashrc or .zshrc file for future use.
Once you have completed the installation of Aptos CLI through the above-mentioned steps. You would be able to use this command line interface (CLI) tool for developing on the Aptos blockchain and debugging Move contracts.
Now that you have warmed up with NodeReal Aptos API endpoints and installation of Aptos CLI.
Make sure that you look out for our Episode 2: Deploying the Move Module on Aptos Testnet - This is where MegaNode of NodeReal will make a huge difference on your journey.
NodeReal is a one-stop blockchain infrastructure and service provider that embraces the high-speed blockchain era and empowers developers by “Make your Web3 Real”. We provide scalable, reliable, and efficient blockchain solutions for everyone, aiming to support the adoption, growth, and long-term success of the Web3 ecosystem.
Join Our Community
Join our community to learn more about NodeReal and stay up to date!